What is Body Sugaring?
Based on a technique developed by the ancient Egyptians, Body Sugaring is a gentle and effective form of hair removal, using a natural ingredient - sugar. Body Sugaring paste is gentle on your skin, all natural, and 100% environmentally friendly with no animal testing.
The sugar paste is gently applied at body temperature onto the skin in the same direction as the hair growth. This paste clings to the hair so that when the paste is removed with a gentle flicking motion, the hair is also removed. Because the paste remains soft and pliable, there is very little breakage of the hair, and it is removed completely below the skin. Long term, this process weakens the root, and promotes softer, finer re-growth with repeated use.
Where can I be sugared?
Practically anywhere. Women can use Alexandria Body Sugaring Paste on the eyebrows, upper lip, underarms, legs, arms, stomach, and bikini line. Men can sugar anywhere except on the beard, since beards are a network root system.
Does it hurt?
While skin sensitivity varies, please remember that we are pulling hair from the skin. Most clients experience a slight tingling sensation, not unlike pulling a bandage from the skin. On areas with dense hair distribution, the sensation will be stronger. With regular, repeated treatment, however, the tingling sensation is minimized. Another thing to consider is sugar paste is not applied hot, so there is no increase of blood supply to the surface of the skin, therefore there is no increased sensitivity.
How long does it last?
This varies from one person to another. The re-growth after a sugar treatment can be removed with as little as 1/8" of growth. Expect to repeat the treatment, on average, every 3 to 6 weeks.
Why is sugar better than waxing?
- 100% natural
- The skin is left feeling soft and clean
- No resin or chemicals
- Water soluble – will not ruin your clothes and can be washed off with water
- You can sugar areas with spider and or varicose veins.
- Will never adhere to live skin cells
- Safe for Diabetics and anyone with eczema
- Will never burn skin as it is barely luke warm because it is not hot like wax
- People who have breakouts from wax often have no problems with sugar
- Bacteria does not breed or survive in sugar
- People with sensitive skin do better with sugar
- Natural healer to skin
- Removes hair in direction of natural growth
Why be sugared?
- Sugaring works well for fine facial hair that cannot be removed by laser
- Will not damage delicate facial skin tissue from long term use
- Removal of Bikini hair
- Anyone who is tired of shaving or wants nice smooth legs and or underarms.
- Eyebrow shaping
- Very little (if any) discomfort
- Removes hair after 3 to 4 days growth (less than 1/8")
- People with busy or active lifestyles
- Remove unwanted back or chest hair
- Sports, athletic and or body building competitions
- Will assist in diminishment of ingrown hair
- Superior end results
Does the process of sugaring lead to permanent hair removal?
There are benefits of improved skin texture and less vigorous re-growth of unwanted hair after Body Sugaring, it is impossible to determine if it will lead to permanency. Body Sugaring does offer distinctive advantages over other methods of epilation.
Sweet Sugar Bare - Oklahoma City Body Sugaring
located at 9327 N Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, Ok 73120